The following article serves as the Rules, Regulations, and policies set forth by the elected Board of Directors of Rosedale Beach Club. The Board of Directors reserves the right to amend this document anytime as the board of directors feels necessary, to protect the safety of the membership. Any amendment of this document must occur during a monthly meeting, or special meeting of the board of directors. This document must be reviewed and adopted annually by the board of directors.
Section I : Membership
- All members are subject to follow all rules, regulations and policies put in place annually by the board of directors. Non-compliance of this document may result in corrective action and/or termination of your membership.
- All membership holders are responsible for those listed on their approved membership application and any guest(s) signed in by member(s).
- All members must show their Rosedale Beach Club membership cards to gain access to the property. If the Rosedale Beach Club membership card is not in possession at the time, photo ID can be used to determine membership status.
- All guests must be signed in by a current approved member, who is currently at the facility. Guests must remain with the member(s) during their visit, and guest(s) MUST exit with the member(s) in which they signed them into the facility.
- All members should abide by instructions of Rosedale Beach Club staff to ensure safety, security, and peace of all members.
Section II : Grounds, Structures, and Pool Deck
- For the purpose of this article, the following words and terms shall have the following meanings, unless the context indicates otherwise.
Grounds: Any property owned and managed by Rosedale Beach Club, including the parking lot, pool, pool deck, grassy area, pavilions, snack bar, bathrooms, and sports courts and maintenance and engineering areas
Pool Deck: The concrete walkways and seating areas surrounding the pool, extending to the alcove, and to bathrooms and edge of the pavilion.
Structures: Any portion of the main pool house, situated at the entrance to the facility, the adjacent pavilion, and back pavilion situated at the corner of the property.
- There shall be NO glass drinkware anywhere in/on the grounds, structure and pool deck at any point in time.
- There shall be no use of sports equipment, including sports balls. Included, but not limited to, pool deck, pavilions, side walks, and parking lot. The only exception being the black top surfaces, including the basketball courts, tennis courts, and hockey courts.
- There shall be no obscene language heard within the public ear, anywhere in/on the grounds, structures and pool deck.
- There shall be no running on concrete surfaces, included, but not limited to, Pool Deck, Pavilions, side walks, and parking lot. The only exception being the black top surfaces, including the basketball courts, tennis courts, and hockey courts.
- There shall be no designated “spots” on the pool deck. Regardless of where your folded chairs
may sit while not in use.
- There shall be no chairs, coolers, or belongings situated over the blue painted line. This allows for clear, common access of the pool deck in the case of emergencies, as well as daily operation.
- There shall be no food or drink on the pool deck, with the exception of water on the pool deck, as this can cause an issue with rodents, insects, and birds. Food shall be kept to the grassy areas and structures.
- Report any incidents of fecal or vomitus contamination on or in the grounds, structures, pool deck and pool. Proper reporting can allow for a swift response of staff to clean and disinfect the affected area(s).
- When thunder is heard or lightning is seen, or the “lightning whistle” is sounded and heard by the lifeguards from the nearby country clubs. The pool shall be cleared for a minimum of thirty (30) minutes from the last thunder heard. If lightning is seen, the grounds, and lower pavilion must be cleared for a minimum of thirty (30) minutes from the last lightning seen.
- There shall be no conversation and small talk with the lifeguards while on duty in the watch chair.
- Smoking is permitted ONLY in the designated smoking area or outside of the main, no less than 30 feet away.
- Obey all signs on hanging in or on the grounds, structures, and the pool deck, these rules are in place for the safety and well being of the members.
Section III: Pool Rules
- All pool rules are enforced by lifeguards and managers on staff. The general manager has final say in all rules.
- There shall be no diving in water less than 6ft. All areas where diving is not allowed are marked on the deck.
- All swimmers under the age of 12 must pass a deep water test to swim in water above their head. The deep water test shall consist of two laps and treading water for thirty (30) seconds. Tests are on a pass or fail basis, and even if the test is completed and the guard feels the swimmer was not proficient enough, the swimmer must retake the deep water test prior to being allowed to swim in water greater than their head.
- The on duty guard has the discretion to retest any member or guest, prior to allowing them to swim in water depths greater than their head.
- All swimmers must be measured by the lifeguard on duty prior to using the slide. The guard has the final say in the swimmers’ use of the slide. There shall be no arguments/disagreements with the guard on duty. All concerns should be directed at the on duty manager.
- There shall be no backwards dives or gainers off of the diving board. All swimmers who wish to use the diving board must pass the deep water test prior to using. If the on duty guard feels the swimmers “tricks” or use of the diving board is unsafe, they have the right to prevent them from using it in an unsafe manner.
- No child utilizing a personal floatation device, floaties, or any other form of child swim gear, shall be greater than an arms length away from a parent or guardian in the water. Any unsupervised child will be asked to exit the water and returned to the parent or guardian.
- There shall be no child over the age of 6 utilizing the baby pool at any time, with the exception of tending to a sibling, or sitting with a parent.
- There shall be no use of hard balls, squirt guns, diving sticks, or any sort of rafts. Pool noodles, and foam water safe balls are permitted.
ALL RULES, REGULATIONS, AND POLICIES MUST BE AGREED UPON, PER MEMBERSHIP. EACH MEMBERSHIP HOLDER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF THOSE MEMBERS LISTED ON THEIR MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION AND ANY GUEST(S) SIGNED INTO THE CLUB UNDER THE MEMBERSHIP HOLDER. RULES RULES AND REGULATIONS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE TO ENSURE SFETY OF ALL PATRONS AND GUEST. ALL RULES, REGULATIONS, AND POLICIES SHALL BE FOLLOWED TO PREVENT CORRECTIVE, DISCIPLINARY ACTION OR TERMINATION OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP.